So this past weekend I did a lot of stuff... First off I made this scarf from a recycled sweater. It's 100% very soft, very shiny cotton. It's actually a lot darker than it shows in this picture. I love it! This was done in double crochet with corkscrew edging. I still need to add some corkscrews to the other end of the scarf though *smile*
Here it is on the conference room table at my job. LOVE IT! I was going to make this as a gift, but I think I will have to keep this yarn all to myself (greedy, greedy me)! I've found that this has become a major problem for me, I start a pattern intending to make it as a gift for someone, but by the time I finally finish I love it so much I don't want to give it away. Does anyone else have this problem?
Here is the finished version of the scarf I made from my first attempt at recycling yarn. You can see the begining of this project here. I was going to post a picture of me modeling this one as well, but I think I look fat in the picture *smile*. No way am I going to post fat pictures of myself on the internet. I'm too tired to take another picture and post it today, so there may be a model shot later in the week.
I also recycled a lot of sweaters and dyed a lot of yarn this past weekend. I forgot my camera at work so I will post some of those pictures later.
1 comment:
Thanks! I am having way too much fun using recyled yarn, most of the yarn in my stash right now is recycled and I still have a bag of sweaters waiting to be unravelled!
Post a Comment