Friday, March 27, 2009

My baby turned 9!

Boy that makes me feel old...

DSC_0868

I made her this twin doll by Jean Greenhowe (ravelry link) in honor of the occasion. I thought the doll looked a little creepy but she likes it so I guess that's all that matters :) I used a bunch of yarn from my stash, mainly wool ease and a size 6 needle. I also knit this mostly in the round instead of flat.

March Colorways Club Offering

I also received my first installment in from Grafton Fibers Colorways club. It's gorgeous! I'm thinking I'll spin it 3-ply and use it along with the future club offerings to knit myself a lizard ridge blanket. I signed up for the double does so I'm getting 8 oz. of each color.

TTFN!

3 comments:

Deneen said...

My "baby" turned 9 in December and lemme tell you, the time does go by so quickly. Happy belated birthday to her.

I am in the Grafton Fiber Club also-your pic of the colorway is exact. I've been in since January and the colors have all been fab!

Leslie Shelor said...

Happy belated birthday! I haven't been here lately and, oh, my, all the news! Awesome that you got to go to DC!

Christie said...

Happy belated to your beautiful little girl! The doll is so cute!