Friday, August 15, 2008

My latest obsession


Sewing!, originally uploaded by superstahr01.

Hey look! I'm posting again, LOL. (Yeah, I'm corny).

I've been doing a lot of sew lately. Even got myself a brand new (to me) Bernina 153QE and I love it. I've also made my daughter a bunch of summer shorts (why are the ones in the store so short!) and some summer dresses. With buying most of the fabric from the scrap bins at the craft store I got away much cheaper than I would have if I had actually bought her a summer wardrobe. And all the clothes are a decent length.

So far that means my list of hobbies includes knitting, spinning, crocheting and crafting and sewing. Now I want to add one more to the list. Weaving!

I've been spying out this Schacht Flip Loom and I think I need one but I have no idea how to weave. Does anyone out there have one of these? Can you teach yourself to use them? Would you choose this loom over another for a beginning weaver or would you suggest another loom? I'm full of questions and living in Southern California there aren't too many places to ask or to go try out different looms.

I also plan to keep all my other hobbies so I'm thinking a small loom would fit me best, such as the flip 15" or 20" nothing much bigger than that. But then I'm wondering if it's possible (or practical) to combine pieces of weaved fabric to make a larger fabric. I'm full of questions! If you can help or point me to any resources I sure would appreciate it.

Oh and... HAPPY FRIDAY!

2 comments:

Deneen said...

Wow-two posts in one week???? Trying to confuse me?

Jeanine said...

Welcome back. Great job on all that sewing you've been doing. It will be interesting to see what you come up with when you get your loom.

Have a good weekend.