Saturday, August 25, 2007

Other knitting

You know I thought I had posted on my "Not Sesame" sweater already but I guess with everything that's been going on I just forgot. You might remember from a few posts back that I was sad because all that yarn I spun up to knit sesame turned out to be too heavy in gauge for the pattern. Well, I decided to create my own sweater instead. I have this gap sweater that I love, so I thought I would try my hand at recreating it. Here is a shot of the inspiration sweater.

NS Inspiration

She may not be the prettiest thing but she is oh so comfy. So far I've knit the back, both fronts and am almost done with one sleeve of her replacement.

The pic of the pocket is truest to the color.

NS6

NS6

I plan to give it a big collar a la sesame and add some k1p1 ribbing to the edges of the pockets. I LOVE it and think I will get a lot of wear out of it this winter. Since the yarn is so heavy it's more like a coat than a sweater, but hey, it gets down to about 60 degrees in my office so I should be fine *smile*

2 comments:

Christie said...

Very cool! It's coming along quite nicely!

Anonymous said...

I love how your Not Sesame is turning out. I'm spinning the yarn for a shrug, so I"m excited to see the progress you are making, and what good progress it is! I hope you post an all finished shot, with you modeling it.

Necia